Here are some examples of needs for which management coaching can provide appropriate support:
– Managing a significant increase of responsibility
– Leading and managing across geographic and cultural boundaries
– Moving to a more effective leadership style
– Improving leadership capacity in preparation for a more complex leadership role
– Developing interpersonal skills
The individual nature of management coaching makes it possible to run through a very specific process beginning with creating self-awareness, and the acceptance of strengths but also of ineffective behavioral patterns in leadership and cooperation. Self-awareness and acceptance are the necessary first step for change.
Following this step, I will support the coachee in setting specific goals, to identify new ways and solutions to achieve the desired and more effective leadership behaviors.
— “We cannot teach people anything; we can only help them discover it within themselves” (Galileo Galilei)